When the core level of the body is contacted, there is a shift from the physical to the energetic. Ultimately, it is this central channel of energy which the practitioner seeks to contact. When this happens, the client may experience a deep level of the self. This experience manifests differently, but what is universal about it is a feeling of tranquility. This is the Transpersonal place.
What is unique about this method is that it contacts the physical/psychological level and also reaches beyond that to the energetic/transpersonal. The transpersonal can then inform and reorient the ego life.
Louise Barrie has been in private practice and teaching since the 1970s. She creates a safe environment in which her clients can explore and students can learn.
- She is a licensed psychotherapist and has a private practice in somatic psychotherapy in Berkeley, California
- She has extensive training in somatic methods
- She co-developed the Rosen Method Certification Program with Marion Rosen and taught that program for 13 years
- She developed Huma Transpersonal Bodywork, later Huma Somatic Psychotherapy
- She gives presentations, and teaches classes and workshops, she has offered certification to those who completed her training program. These are offered primarily in the San Francisco Bay Area
- She offers a teacher training program
- She sometimes teaches courses in Huma Transpersonal Bodywork in universities in the SF Bay Area
- Continuing Education Credit available for: National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork